Sacramento, California Climate & Temperature
- Sacramento, California, Usa is at 38°30'N, 121°30'W, 8 m (26 ft). See map.
- Sacramento, California has a hot mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa) that is mild with moderate seasonality. Summers are dry and hot due to the domination of subtropical high pressure systems while winters experience moderate temperatures and changeable, rainy weather due to the polar front. These climates usually occur on the western sides of continents between the latitudes of 30° and 45°. Vegetation is adapted to the dry summers and is fragrant and oily making it susceptible to fire. The typical Mediterranean climate average monthly temperatures in excess of 22.0 °C (71.6 °F) in its warmest month and an average in the coldest month between 18 to -3 °C (64 to 27 °F) with at least four months above 10 °C (50 °F). Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Sacramento, California is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 16 degrees Celsius (60.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17 °C (30.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 12.9°C (55.2°F) on average falling to 3.9°C (39°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 22.1°C (71.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8°C (46.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.8°C (91°F) and average low temperatures are 13.9°C (57.1°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 24.5°C (76.1°F) during the day and lows of 9.9°C (49.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 445.1 mm (17.5 inches) which is equivalent to 445.1 Litres/m² (10.92 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3470 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Sacramento, California you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Sacramento, California Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Sacramento, California Climate Graph in Metric Units
Sacramento, California Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Sacramento, California, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Klamath Falls, Or, Usa - 413 kms (256.7 miles) N
- Grants Pass, Or, Usa - 407.7 kms (253.3 miles) NNW
- Eureka, California, Usa - 341.4 kms (212.1 miles) NW
- Redding, Ca, Usa - 231 kms (143.5 miles) NNW
- Red Bluff, California, Usa - 192.7 kms (119.8 miles) NNW
- Chico Univ Farm, Ca, Usa - 170.5 kms (105.9 miles) NNW
- Healdsburg, Ca, Usa - 119.5 kms (74.3 miles) W
- Vacaville, Ca, Usa - 46.1 kms (28.6 miles) WSW
- Berkeley, Ca, Usa - 72.2 kms (44.8 miles) SW
- San Francisco, California, Usa - 126.5 kms (78.6 miles) SW
- Winnemucca, Nevada, Usa - 412.7 kms (256.5 miles) NE
- Reno, Nevada, Usa - 184.3 kms (114.5 miles) NE
- Stockton, Ca, Usa - 72 kms (44.7 miles) SSE
- Bishop, Ca, Usa - 303 kms (188.3 miles) ESE
- Fresno, California, Usa - 250 kms (155.4 miles) SE
- Bakersfield, Ca, Usa - 406.1 kms (252.3 miles) SSE
- San Luis Obispo Poly, Ca, Usa - 393.6 kms (244.6 miles) S
- Santa Maria, Ca, Usa - 412.9 kms (256.6 miles) SSE